Writing Assignment (Part 4): Investigate
a Social Issue Final PaperDue Week 10 and worth 150 points
Working from your previous assignments and
from the feedback of your professor, you will now write the final draft of your
paper. Specifically, you will submit a three to five (3-5) page paper in which
you address all of the following:
- Specific Hypothesis. Introduce your paper
by identifying the specific hypothesis you are evaluating in this
- Applicable Sociological Concepts. Identify
the sociological theories and terminology from the text that apply to your
- Practical Implications. Discuss the value
of sociological research into your issue. Determine whether or not there are
(or would be) practical implications of sociological inquiry into this issue.
- Evidence. This is the most important part
of the paper. Analyze at least two (2) lines of evidence that pertain to the
hypothesis you are evaluating. Does the evidence support your hypothesis? For
each type of evidence, consider possible biases and alternative interpretations.
- Conclusions. Draw conclusions based on the
evidence that you have discovered. Does the evidence confirm or refute your
hypothesis? Is the evidence sufficiently convincing to draw firm conclusions
about your hypothesis?
Your assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New
Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and
references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor
for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of
the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and
the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes
associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the various methodologies for
- Apply the sociological perspective to a
variety of socioeconomic and political problems.
- Critically examine how society shapes
individuals and how individuals shape society.
- Use technology and information resources to
research issues in sociology.
- Write clearly and concisely about sociology
using proper writing mechanics.