https://ace-writers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/logo-300x75.png 0 0 Monday Roberts https://ace-writers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/logo-300x75.png Monday Roberts2022-06-24 07:46:512022-06-24 07:46:51World Poverty
View one or more of the following videos about world poverty.
- Immigration, World Poverty, and Gumballs (06:07) (Links to an external site.) – In this video, presenter Roy Beck addresses global humanitarian U.S. immigration and puts World Bank and U.S. Census Bureaus data into perspective.
- The Hidden Reason For Poverty The World Needs to Address Now (22:06) (Links to an external site.) – In this Ted Talk, civil rights lawyer Gary Haugen reveals the dark underlying cause of poverty that we much recognize and act on now.
- Ethical Consumerism and The Power of Having a Choice/Voice (17:57) (Links to an external site.) – In this Tedx Talk, Jason Garman discusses ethical consumerism and the power of having a choice and a voice. He discusses this power and asks his audience, “how will you use that power?”
- Fair Trade: A Just World Starts With You (09:12) (Links to an external site.)– In this Tedx Talk, Benjamin Conrad presents the power of a consumer and that everyday purchases should be an extension of our values.
- 3 Reasons Why We Can Win The Fight Against Poverty (13:14) (Links to an external site.) – In this Ted Talk, activist Andrew Youn addresses a similar factor among the world’s poorest people. In this eye-opening talk, he shows how his group, One Acre Fund, is helping these people lift themselves out of poverty. He provides a new understanding of the scale of the world’s biggest problem and how we can fight against poverty.
Thoughtfully reflect on the issues discussed in the video(s) you viewed and post a discussion response addressing the following points:
- What is the speaker’s point of view about the topic? Is the speaker biased?
- What ethical issues and ethical reasoning are argued?
- Do you think that world poverty issues have moral and ethical implications? Why or why not?
- Do you agree with the speaker’s point of view? Be specific and thorough. Express how and why you agree or disagree and discuss how ethics and values contribute to your opinion. Consider the theoretical concepts discussed in the course. Do not just state your viewpoint, rather provide relevant details to support your findings and/or position.