Prior to engaging in this discussion, please read Chapters 8, 9, and 10 in Applied Metacognition, and review your notes (including those on all articles read in this course about metacognition).
First, reread your posts from the Week One discussions and consider everything you have learned during the past four and a half weeks. Then, apply the knowledge attained from the course to your own development by critically considering the following questions:
- What did you learn about yourself through the process of learning about learning?
- What did you learn about your peers in the class through the process of learning about learning?
- How will you apply what you have learned about yourself in your future learning activities (whether you are the learner or the instructor in these activities)?
- Describe an event you experienced during the past five weeks in which you noticed learning theory at work.
- How have your metacognitive experiences in this course influenced your desire to better understand learning in comparison to others?
- Do you agree or disagree that by applying the elements of metacognition into your studies, you will improve your ability to learn more effectively? Thoroughly explain your reasoning and provide research to support your statements.