- Read the Constructivist View of Learning Article (Links to an external site.)
- Watch the video, “Borrowing from the Arts to Enhance Learning (Links to an external site.)“
Answer the following questions in your assignment:
- Give three examples of how each of the teachers in the video applied the constructivist approach in their classrooms. Be sure to refer to information gained from reading the article.
- Provide two examples of how these approaches can be used in the early childhood classroom.
- Think back to your own experiences as a young student. Describe ways in which your teachers incorporated the arts into your learning experiences.
Extra Credit Assignment due Sunday, March 25 at 11:59PM
Find and watch at least one TED talk on Education (Links to an external site.). The TED talk must be applicable to (but not neccessarily about) Early Childhood Education. You should post the talk and a brief summary of what the talk was about, how it relevant to early childhood education, and what it means for developing/acquiring content skills. You then should watch the video of one other video (posted by your classmates on the blog) and write a brief comment about what you thought of their talk.