I’m asking this to be done so quickly cause my tutor has not answered my question in a timely manner and its already past my due date.
I’ve uploaded the powerpoint of the play to give you an idea for the essay but you should also include the requirements from my professor.
The play you need to write an essay about is called “The Childrens Hour” by Lillian Hellman
If you need to exceed more than 1 page that is fine!!
Professors Instructions for the essay:
I. The Play and Analysis
- Write a brief summary of the play you have chosen.
- What is the genre of the play?
- What is the structure of the play (climactic, episodic, or situational?)
- Does it contain Classical or Modern Exposition?
- List the Inciting Incident, Crises, and Climax.
- What is the setting of the play? Specifically, what is the period of the play?
- What is your general design concept for the play?
- Are you presenting it in a realistic or non-realistic manner?
- What type of stage will you be using? (proscenium, thrust, etc.)
- What type of set will you use? (box, unit, etc.)
- Are there any special needs or effects that are necessary?
- Will the scenery need to move?
- How will you deal with set changes?
- Will the costumes be appropriate to the period, or are you changing the time period?
- Will there be any wigs?
- Are there any special make up needs?
- Will you be using realistic or non-realistic lighting?
- What sort of moods will you need to create?
- Will you need any practicals on your set?
- Will you need to create sense of time with your lights?
V. Characters (Choose 2 characters to discuss)
- List the characters 3 traits. Be descriptive
- Discuss the characters’ objectives and obstacles.
- Describe the character arcs of both characters.
- Briefly describe why you chose this play.
- What do you like or dislike about this play?