https://ace-writers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/logo-300x75.png 0 0 Monday Roberts https://ace-writers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/logo-300x75.png Monday Roberts2022-05-20 04:43:122022-05-20 04:43:12The Vegetarian by Han Kang
Choose 3 bullet points from each (2.1.1 & 2.1.2)
2.1.1 Discern and analyze context
- Describe the text creator’s purpose, and analyze the target audience.
- Describe how societal forces can influence the production of texts [for example, current issues and trends]
- Explain the relationship between text and context in terms of how elements in an environment can affect the way in which a text is created [for example, the historical context in which the text is written; gender-biased language can provide information about context in which a text was created in terms of dominant culture]
- Identify the impact that personal context—experience, prior knowledge—has on constructing meaning from a text.
2.1.2 Understand and interpret content
- Use a variety of strategies to comprehend literature and other texts [for example, reading passages out loud, forming questions, making predictions, using context to determine the connotative meanings of words, using graphic organizers and making annotations], and develop strategies for close reading of literature in order to understand contextual elements [for example, understanding subtext]
- Describe how supporting ideas and supporting details strengthen a text’s controlling idea.
- Describe the relationships among plot, setting, character, atmosphere and theme when studying a narrative.
- Compare the personality traits, roles, relationships, motivations, attitudes, values and archetypal qualities, when appropriate, of characters developed/persons presented in literature and other texts.
- Describe a text creator’s tone and register; and identify the moral and ethical stance communicated by a text.
- Interpret figurative language, symbol and allusions; recognize imagery; and explain how imagery contributes to atmosphere, characterization and theme in a text.