Select one of the following ethical issues in healthcare from the following choices:
- Gender selection in human embryos
- Stem cell transplants
- Foregoing curative medical treatment due to religious beliefs
- Futility of care
- Abortion after six months.
Use the CSU Global Library and select Internet sources to conduct research on your chosen topic or use any scientific article. no .cm, html, or any non scholarly article.. Based on your research, provide the history of the issue from a legal, ethical, and moral perspective. In your paper address the following questions:
- Do the consequences of actions always direct what is morally required?
- What should happen when two principles come into conflict? For example, should patient autonomy be considered more important than beneficence or should nonmaleficence come in first? Defend your position.
- Are moral and ethically rules always binding, or are they only guidelines to be assessed in each case? Defend your position.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be twelve pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages and no huge spacing
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of eight scholarly references – four of these references must be from outside sources and four may be from course readings, lectures, and textbooks.
- Utilize headings to organize the content in your work.