POSITION PAPER: POWER, POLITICS,
Due Week 8, worth 250 points
Power and politics greatly influence an organization’s culture. In business, the culture can make or break an organization’s productivity. In this assignment, you’ll analyze the ways power and politics have influenced an organization’s culture. You’ll apply best practices you learned in course resources and your own research to make recommendations for improving this
Using the same organization from the first two assignments, imagine the CEO has now requested your task force investigate the influence of power and politics on the corporate culture. You have been asked to make a position paper that presents and supports your recommendations to
improve the culture.
Prepare for this assignment by delving into the organization’s culture and identifying the resources you, the task force leader, will use to make a research-supported position paper. Use at least two quality resources such as the course textbook, company website, business websites (CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.), resources from the Strayer Library, and/or outside sources.
Note: Wikipedia and web-based blogs do not qualify as credible resources.
Develop your position paper, addressing the following components:
1. Influence of Politics and Power Explain how politics and power-play may have influenced the organization’s culture.
2. Sources of Power Explore the sources of power and describe how management could use this influence to benefit your department and improve organizational performance.
3. Leadership Behavior and Culture Make recommendations that support how the study of power and politics could influence leadership behavior and improve the organization’s culture.
4. Leadership Influence Discuss the importance and complexity of leadership behavior. How does it influence organizational structure and performance?
5. Executive Summary an executive summary that presents your recommendations for ways in which the organization could build a stronger culture. Note: An executive summary is a condensed version of your full report. It should summarize briefly all the main points in concise paragraphs. It should be written clearly and should use language appropriate for the audience.
Your assignment must follow these general requirements:
Be typed (five to seven pages recommended), font (size 12) with one-inch margins on all sides Include a References List
The organization used in Assignment 1&2 is Baptist Health South Florida. I can provide the first 2 assignments