There are two questions but they need to be answered separate.
Review Chapter 6 and the assigned pages from Chapter 7 in the course text, Action Research. Reflect on the elements of action plans, including the six-question framework for developing them, and on the techniques and processes for doing so.
Question 1: Post a brief description one or two elements that you feel are crucial to planning. Then, identify one goal related to your Final Project, one objective that addresses the goal, and three tasks to be completed in order to meet the objective.
Review Chapter 6 in the course text, Action Research. Reflect on the challenges that may arise during the implementation process of a prevention, intervention, or consultation endeavor, and how support, modeling, linking, and reviewing strategies may address these challenges.
• Review Step 3 and Step 4 from the website links provided in this week’s resources. Think about obstacles related to working collaboratively with stakeholders and community participants. Also think about strategies used to create partnership synergy and enhance the collaborative process.
• Consider the goals and tasks that you identified for addressing the issue, problem, or concern in your Final Project, what challenges may arise, and how these challenges may be addressed.
Question 2: Post a brief explanation of one or two challenges that might arise during the implementation of an action plan addressing the issue, problem, or concern in your Final Project. Briefly explain one to two ways that each of these challenges might be addressed.
- Stringer, E. T. (2014). Action research (4th ed.) Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Chapter 6, “Act: Action Plans-Implementing Sustainable Solutions” (pp. 166-209)
- Chapter 7, “Strategic Planning” (pp. 187-203 only)
Websites to use for question 2
- Step 3: Plan. Retrieved from http://www.samhsa.gov/capt/applying-strategic-prevention-framework/step3-plan
- Writing S.M.A.R.T. goals. Retrieved from http://www.hr.virginia.edu/uploads/documents/media/Writing_SMART_Goals.pdf
- Step 4: Implementation. Retrieved from http://www.samhsa.gov/capt/applying-strategic-prevention-framework/step4-implement