Overview of a Risk Management Program
Imagine that you are a manager in your organization’s risk management department. Your department has recently hired and is onboarding a new director of risk management. She has asked that you provide her with a high-level overview of your risk management program, as well as an overview of potential risk within the organization. Write a 5-7 page paper in which you:
- Describe the major categories of risk in health care.
- For each risk category identified, describe the appropriate risk identification technique (concurrent, retrospective, incident reporting, previous trends, et cetera).
- Provide an example that illustrates each category and its corresponding technique.
- Explain the importance of the organization’s risk management program to the following. Provide an example for each that illustrates its importance.
- Risk prevention.
- Risk reduction.
- Regulatory compliance.
- Patient safety.
- Analyze how the risk manager role impacts effective management of the organization’s risk management program.
- Describe the role of the risk manager.
- Provide one example from the literature of how the role impacts effective management of the risk management program.
- Provide the director with an overview of a potential risk within the organization.
- Identify a potential health care risk.
- Identify how you would operationally identify and work toward eliminating or reducing the risk.
- Analyze the implications for the organization if the risk is not addressed.
- Your paper will be a minimum of 5-7 double-spaced pages in length, not including title and reference pages.
- Font: Arial 12-point.
- Cite at least two references.
- Format your paper according to APA style.
- Submit a draft of your assignment to Turnitin. Using the Turnitin results, edit and finalize your assignment, and then upload it to the assignment area. Note: When you submit an assignment to Turnitin, it is not also submitted to the courseroom. You must do this separately.
To fully understand how this assignment will be graded, be sure to carefully read the Overview of a Risk Management Program Scoring Guide.