iBook Readings: Origins Section
Open the iBook in the application, and read the “Origins” section.
This section covers the readings: 1) Genesis 1&2 2) The Qur’an Surah 35 3) Mere Christianity 4) Why I am Not a Christian.
For each of those readings, answer the following comprehension questions. Keep a running word document and submit all the questions at once when you are finished with all of the readings and all of the questions.
Genesis 1 & 2:
- What is “Religious Mythology?”
- Genesis was meant to do what for civilization?
- How does Genesis 1 and 2 describe the creation of woman?
- In what ways does Genesis establish a hierarchy in nature?
Qur’an Surah 35 Verses 1-13
- What accomplishments are attributed to Allah in this passage?
- What happens to those who disbelieve?
- How is Allah described?
- According to the text, what does Satan do?
- What is Pantheism?
- According to Lewis, what do Christians not need to believe?
- According to Lewis, what is a fundamental Christian belief?
- According to Lewis, what makes Jesus unique?
- What is C.S. Lewis’ attitude toward atheism?
Why I Am Not a Christian
- What is the “First-Cause Argument” and how does Russell refute it?
- What tenants of Christianity does Russell argue against?
- What is the “Argument from Design” and how does Russell refute it?
- For Russell, Religion is based on what?
- According to Russell, are there any defects in Jesus’ character or teachings?