You are the district manager of a luxury watch producer, and sales have been steadily declining. You hold a meeting with your production and sales staff to attempt to identify the reasons for the decline, and the following reasons are offered for the decreased sales:
- slow economy, so no one is buying watches of any kind;
- salespeople are not provided adequate resources to properly market the watches;
- the quality of the watches has declined to the point that people do not want to buy them;
- the supply chain is unable to keep up with orders, so deliveries are slow, and customers are cancelling orders;
- the financial manager does not like the marketing department, so we cannot trust the numbers he produces; and
- the marketing manager should just get rid of the salespeople who are not able to hit the established sales targets.
Given this scenario, answer the following questions.
- Discuss strategies for examining claims for legitimacy or fallacy. It is not necessary to address all six bullet points above, but clearly identify which are being discussed.
- Identify any potential fallacies in logic that might inhibit creative thinking.
- Develop strategies for creatively overcoming identified fallacies.
Formulate your response to these questions using APA style, and include at least two outside sources; your paper must be a minimum of three pages.