The purpose of this assignment is to execute key steps in the mobile app planning and design process and to explain how mobile technology and apps can be used to drive business results and create competitive advantage.
Part 1 – Review How to Build a Mobile App Requirements Document
Before working on the assignment, review the “How to Build a Mobile App Requirements Document,” located in the topic Resources, to learn the process of designing a mobile app. The PowerPoint presentation you will create for this assignment should include the following:
- Business requirements, mobile app objectives, and product vision statement.
- Target audience and user journey.
- List of features.
- Monetization model.
- Product and technical specification.
- Platforms for which the app is being developed.
- Maintenance and upgrade requirements.
- Dependencies, assumptions, constraints, and submission.
- Explanation of how the app could create a competitive advantage for the organization.
- Discussion on how tenets of servant leadership and conscious capitalism can be applied to the project to use business as a force for good to improve society and help communities prosper.
- Documentation of sources: correct citation of research references in APA reference format.
Part 2 – Choosing a Sustainable Development Goal
One of the key principles of the Colangelo College of Business is that business is a force for good to improve society and help communities prosper. For this assignment, consider the GCU’s “Statement on the Integration of Faith and Work,” located in the topic Resources, and the tenets of servant leadership, conscious capitalism, and the sustainable development goals described in “Measuring Progress Towards the Sustainable Development Goals,” also located in the topic Resources.
Select a sustainable development goal from the list of sustainable development goals located in the topic Resources. Choose a goal that you would like to promote. Here is the list of sustainable development goals:
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning.
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Ensure access to water and sanitation for all.
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment, and decent work for all.
- Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation.
- Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable.
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its effects.
- Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas, and marine resources.
- Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, and halt biodiversity loss.
- Promote just, peaceful, and inclusive societies.
- Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
Part 3 – Creating the PowerPoint Presentation
Imagine that your company is partnering with the United Nations to plan and design a mobile app as part of an initiative to fundraise and increase awareness about your selected sustainable development goal.
Create a PowerPoint presentation (10 slides minimum) that includes the following:
- Outlines the development plan and design specifics of the mobile app.
- Explains how the app can be used to drive business results and create business as a force for good.
- Includes speaker notes to provide details about the content of each slide.
- Includes discussion of the importance of business being a force for good to improve society and help communities prosper.
- Includes how the tenets of servant leadership and conscious capitalism can be applied to the project to ensure this is appropriate.
Submit the Microsoft PowerPoint presentation file only. Do not submit any other file format, such as an Adobe PDF file, or you will not earn full credit.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.