You will use the Miranda and Admissibility Statements media (attached as word document) as the foundation for your assignment.
Miranda v. Arizona changed the rules on admissibility from voluntariness to the three-questions test. For this assignment, prepare a three-page paper citing a minimum of two academically verified references.
In your paper:
- Determine whether you can question the occupants of the vehicle in the scenario at the scene without Miranda warning. (Question 1: Was Miranda warning given?)
- Analyze, after the Miranda warning was given, whether there was a waiver. (Question 2: If Mirandawarning was given, was there a waiver?)
- Explore whether, assuming there was a waiver by the suspects, the waiver was intelligent and voluntary. (Question 3: If there was a waiver, was it intelligent and voluntary?)
- Explain how Miranda changed the way police officers perform their jobs.
Be sure to review the Miranda and Admissibility of Statements Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the criteria for this assignment.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- References: A minimum of two references.
- APA format: Format resources and citations as per current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: Three pages, not including the title page and the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.