Media play a very large role in both the development and
the perpetuation of cultural elements. You may never have watched a
foreign movie or even clips evaluating other cultures. In this
assignment, you will explore online videos or movies from a culture of
your choice and analyze how cultural elements are presented, compared to
your own culture.
Complete the following:
- Choose a world culture you are not familiar with.
- Identify two–three online videos or movies representative of this
culture. These could be examples of cultural expressions such as a
Bollywood movie from India or Anime videos from Japan.
Evaluate two hours of such a video. Using the readings
for this module, the Argosy University online library resources, and the
Internet, research articles about your selected culture.
- Select a scholarly article that analyzes the same culture presented in the videos you have observed.
- Write a paper describing the cultural differences you have observed
in the video. How are these observations supported by the research
Be sure to include the following:
- Describe the videos you have watched.
- Explain the main points of the videos.
- Examine what stood out about the culture.
- Compare and contrast the similarities and differences of this culture with your own.
- Examine the ways of this culture. Is it one you would want to visit or live in?
- Would you experience culture shock if you immersed yourself in this culture? Why or why not?
Support your statements with examples and scholarly references.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA
standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming