Lesson Plan Part 5: Classroom Management and Communication with Parents
In this assignment you continue to build on Lesson Plan Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4. Assume this classroom management / communication plan has been requested by your principal and district superintendent and will be reviewed by him or her for ultimate approval. Also, you should plan to extract key points for communicating with parents.
[Note: If you are not working in a school as an instructor or administrator, describe a school setting with which you are familiar and describe how you would fulfill the criteria.]
Write a 4-6 page paper in which you:
- Describe the classroom setting for the unit, including physical characteristics of the classroom, student and teacher seating arrangements, placement and number of computers, types of other special equipment/objects, and display areas.
- Analyze activities planned for the unit. Include recommendations for using student collaboration and competition. Explain ways you provide a culturally responsive classroom environment.
- State and explain rationale for rules and procedures you use in the classroom. Explain how you involve students in decision making. Explain methods you use for conflict resolution. Explain your approach to rewarding desired behavior and disciplining unacceptable behavior.
- Recommend and describe three (3) ways to communicate with parents / guardians and to obtain their involvement.
- Use at least three (3) external scholarly sources from last ten (10) years to support views.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Reference at least three (3) scholarly sources published within the last ten (10) years. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.