Internet Based PHR
Internet based personal health records (PHR) are an excellent way of insuring that an individual’s health data remains accessible during a natural disaster. In this discussion, you will assume the role of a health information specialist. A patient of your facility has come to you for advice in selecting an Internet based PHR. Read the article 9 Popular Personal Health Record Tools Links to an external site.or you can do your own research and discuss a PHR system that you find. Evaluate three different free PHR systems that are web-based or software-based. In your discussion:
- Identify the three PHR options you reviewed.
- Create criteria to evaluate the three different PHRs (what were you looking for in the product?). You must include a minimum of three criteria.
- Determine which product you would select for your personal use.
- Articulate at least three reasons for the product selection.
Guided response: Your initial post should be a minimum of 200-250 words.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources, excluding the textbook.
- Sources should be cited in APA format, as outlined in the Writing Center.
- You must respond to at least two of your classmate’s posts by Day 7.
- Your three required posts must be on three different days of the week.
- In your response to you classmates discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the PHRs you selected compared to two of your classmate’s selections.