Dealing with diversity, especially in such a diverse marketplace, plays a prominent role in the workplace in terms of management theory and business practice. Accepting and managing cultural diversity correctly creates positivity in the workplace. It is imperative to understand the theories about the conditions under which cultural diversity enhances or detracts from work groups.
Search for an online business document, such as a company webpage, blog post, Facebook Info tab, or LinkedIn profile that you believe commits an intercultural communication error–one which fails to consider the needs of at least some of its target readers.
- You might come across a website that uses slang or idiomatic language that could cause confusion.
- The web page might use language that offends some readers as well.
Imagine that you are in a human resources department at a company you work for or one for which you would like to work.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word e-mail to staff within your company explaining what intercultural communication is, in addition to why you think the web page does not succeed as effective intercultural communication. Include an email header in the document.
Include the following:
- The text you found by providing a link back to the original document
- A discussion of the relationship between verbal and nonverbal communication
- How the web page, blog, and so forth could improve their intercultural communication competence
Cite any sources and remember to include a title page according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.