Write 3–4 pages in which you explain how secure and insecure attachment affect infant development in a specific area and examine how research on infant attachment has influenced social thinking and policies.
Use the Internet to find scholarly and professional research studies on the effects that secure and insecure attachment have on one specific area of infant development that you will choose. You should locate at least two research articles in the library on how the quality of attachment (secure, insecure) between infant and caregiver affects areas of development and at least one professional source.
For this assessment, you will consider how attachment affects development. Choose only one of the following areas of development to use in this assessment:
In your assessment, include the following:
- A brief overview of attachment theory that will provide the foundation for your work.
- Identify the area of development you have chosen to examine and your reasons for this choice.
- Explain how secure attachment impacts the area of development you identified.
- Explain how insecure attachment impacts the area of development you identified.
- Examine how research findings on infant attachment have influenced social thinking and social policy.
- Based on the research you located, is there a clear connection between quality of attachment and infant development in the identified area? Be sure you use the research to support your conclusion.
- Written communication: Your writing should be free of errors that detract from the overall message and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions.
- APA formatting: Format resources and citations according to APA style.
- Resources: Minimum of 3 scholarly or professional resources. Note: Popular resources such as Wikipedia or About.com are not considered to be appropriate.
- Length: 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages not including title page and reference page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point font.