In this assignment, we will bring together everything you have learned in this course. You will read and analyze a case, and you will serve as the “ethics expert” to Marianne Barner.
- First, read the following Case Study, “IKEA’s Global Sourcing Challenge: Indian Rugs and Child Labor.” (Provided through the Harvard Business Publishing website.
Assignment Guidelines and Grading Criteria
- Max of two pages, single-spaced (not smaller than 11-point font), plus not more than two pages of charts, tables, or figures.
- Citations can be listed on a separate page and NOT included in the page count.
- A title page is not necessary but be certain to give the file a unique name that identifies your team.
For this assignment you are asked to do the following:
Your team will serve as an ethics advisory board to Marianne Barner and address the following questions:
- What actions should Marianne Barner take regarding the contract with Rangan Exports, one of IKEA’s Indian rug suppliers?
- Also, what long-term strategy would you suggest she take regarding IKEA’s continued operation in India? Should the company stay, or should it exist, and why?
- Describe the impact of such a decision and how you would manage it.