Poetry is a form of writing with a distinctive style and rhythm. In this assignment, you will have the chance to analyze the form and content of your own poetry and that of a famous poet or writer.
Use the provided template to create a PowerPoint presentation of 6–8 slides (include speaker notes) that addresses the following:
- Cut and paste the poem that you wrote in the Unit 3 Discussion Board into the PowerPoint template provided. This poem will be the first poem in your compare/contrast presentation.
- Choose 1 poem from the list below that matches with the theme of the poem you have written:
- Read the poem several times. Consider the theme, the use of poetic devices, imagery, and meter. Be sure to take notes.
Construct 2 slides that analyze your own poem. Include the following information (1 bullet point on each slide):
- Paraphrase the poem for your reader. Pretend that you are explaining its meaning to someone.
- Draw a conclusion about how your poem is connected to the theme you chose.
Construct 2 slides that analyze the poem you chose. Include the following information (1 bullet point on each slide):
- Paraphrase the poem. Pretend that you are explaining its meaning to someone.
- Draw a conclusion about how this poem is connected to the theme.
Construct 2 slides that compare how your poem and the poem you chose engage their common theme. Include the following information (1 bullet point on each slide):
- Discuss the similarities and differences present between your poem and the poem you chose.
- Draw a conclusion about what is unique or worthwhile about expression through poetry and why modern readers should continue to read it.
My unit 3 poem :
a poem on time
Time may not be fast ; time may be fast.
Time may fail to s top , time forever lasts.
Now it is time to go to bed , now it is time to school.
Wasting your time makes you a fool.
Whenever it is the right time , it follows that the tim e is perfect.
Enjoying your life will forever be worth it.
Many people choose to pass their time by being mad,
Many people choose to pass their time by being sad.
For other people, time is everything they ever had.
While many people use their time some others s tore their time.
While some people enjoy wast age of time many others hate it.
Some people allow wastage of time when they go to jail
Some other people misuse their time by being mad when they fail
many of us actually do have time to spare
some use their time without deciding to care
Now it is the stoppage time and time for us to go
Time can either move fast or even slow
You can lose your mind or lose yourself
But as you move on with the life you will fail to lose time.