MDQ STEP ONE: DECISION STATEMENT
In week 4, Pacific Palm Oil Company (PPO) and the production plantation manager (You) will begin the process of making a decision, using the MDQ decision making model. The purpose of Week 4â€™s Brainstorming Discussions is to discuss step one of the MDQ model, possible decision statements you come up with to be discredited through brainstorming, validate and support the correct decision statement for the discussion, and to become familiar with PPOâ€™s complex decision using the model.
FOLLOW the directions step by step.
1. By WEDNESDAY, complete the following:
The goal of this discussion is for you to understand the purpose of a decision statement.
- Discuss the triggers or opportunity pushing PPO to make a decision.
- Identify the goal the production plantation manager wants the decision to achieve for PPO. (Later on in the model, PPO will create specific objectives it wishes to accomplish in the final decision)
- Examine the following decision statement: In responding to CAPOâ€™s attacks, how will PPO keep their customers and continue to make money?
- Discuss the validity of this decision statement. Why is this the best decision statement for PPO? Defend and support your discussion. Your logic and argument must be clear and based on the MDQ model as well as the case study facts. If it is not supportable from the facts, it is not considered logical.
- Explain and justify why a decision statement would not contain solutions. Refer to the material addressed in Week 1 of the course.
- You must use course material to support your position, which includes in-text citations and a reference list.
2. THROUGHOUT the week, complete the following:
Once you have completed your initial post, read those of your classmates and give them constructive feedback as to whether they have clearly defined the decision statement as delineated in the class materials. Be sure that the feedback is constructive and that you are actually brainstorming with them to come up with valid arguments on why the final decision statement (the one that was provided to you) is the best one for PPO. Your job is to argue the logic presented in the content and support (facts from case study or citations) provided in the posts.
3. FINAL POST complete the following:
- Attach your final post in the classroom by Sunday 11:59 PM ET
- The final post must reflect the brainstorming activities and should be different than the Wednesday initial post.
- The final post must include a variety of sources from the class material as well as the use of scenario or case study facts where appropriate.