Globalization and Health
Analytic Paper 2
Development is sometimes seen as an essential ingredient to ensuring a safer, more secure world. The proposed mechanisms by which development brings about security are: political stability, economic opportunity, and respect for human dignity and rights.
As we have discussed in class, the new model for development is the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). As much as a landmark as the SDGs are, they are not perfect. Too broad, overambitious, non-binding, too complex critics will say. The purpose of this paper is to analyze under what conditions the SDGs could effectively create development conditions which reduce security threats worldwide.
In this paper, discuss:
- how development might stem insecurity;
- under what conditions the SDGs can realize the sort of development needed to stem security threats, if at all, taking into consideration the various sources of insecurity.
- Five double spaced pages maximum, 12-point Times New Roman font, one inch margins;
- Name, course number, and assignment number at the top of the page;
- Only electronic copies will be accepted through the course Titanium page.