The report should be about 6-7 pages in length, double spaced, not including the title page and reference list. Please use APA referencing
for in-text citations as well as for the reference list. Use
subheadings as appropriate. The paper will be assessed on the
comprehensiveness of topic coverage, the extent of additional research,
and how well the paper is written(including spelling, referencing, and
the logical flow of ideas.
Please follow the outline below.
- When: When foreign companies start to come into Japanese market
- Why: the motives for foreign companies to enter Japan
- How: Initial entry strategy
- Statistics and industry/ nationality percentages
- In 2016, there are 3,217 foreign affiliate in Japan. 24% of them are American-based company
- Statistics related to foreign companies in Japan
- Examples of foreign companies in Japan
- Coca-Cola https://www.jetro.go.jp/ext_images/en/invest/success_stories/pdf/coca-cola_en_rev.pdf
- How they adopt local culture and how they succeed
- Challenges (https://www.japanstrategy.com/business-in-japan/) & (https://www.tmf-group.com/en/news-insights/busines…)
- Culture differences
- Japanese workplace
- Obstacles for FDI
- Market to the Japanese
- Government’s effort (https://www.jetro.go.jp/usa.html)
- JETRO: a government-related organization promoting mutual trade and investment between Japan and the rest of the world.
- How JETRO helps the companies.
- Recommendations for how foreign companies could succeed in Japan related to the challenges.