https://ace-writers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/logo-300x75.png 0 0 Monday Roberts https://ace-writers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/logo-300x75.png Monday Roberts2022-06-17 22:14:412022-06-17 22:14:41Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
Prompts (choose one):
- Use Baudrillard’s theory to create an argument centered on who (or what) the simulacra is in the novel. In other words, are the humans the simulacra or is it really the androids? Use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
- Use Baudrillard’s theory to create an argument discussing the practice of “retiring” the androids. Is this something that should be done? In other words, is this the correct thing to do with fugitive androids? Why or why not?
- For this essay, you should do the following:
- In your introduction, briefly summarize Baudrillard’s theory of the simulacra and Philip K. Dick’s Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
- Use a strong thesis statement at the end of your intro. Remember, a good thesis statement has both a claim and a rationale (the “so what?” part).
- Develop ideas/reasons to convince readers of your main argument.
- Support your various ideas/reasons with specific examples and quotes or paraphrases from the texts we have read in class. Each paragraph needs to have one but no more than two quotes.
- Explain the relevance of those quotes as they relate to/support your argument.
- Use a conclusion strategy of your choice that fits with your essay’s ideas and that provides a strong ending for your essay.
- Create a Works Cited page for the essay. (Please note that this page does not count toward the page limit.)
The essay should be 4-5 full pages in length, free of grammar mistakes, and written in proper essay format.