Discussion Question 1
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research chemical reactions in healthcare. On the basis of your research, respond to the following:
- What is the difference between biochemical, pharmaceutical, and diagnostic chemical reactions?
- What is a specific example that exists for each and why might they be important to healthcare professionals?
- List a balanced chemical equation for each and explain how it is used in your example above.
Discussion Question 2
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research catalysts and how they work. On the basis of your research, respond to the following:
- Identify the two important classes of catalysts and describe the difference between each.
- Choose a catalyst that exists in the human body. Explain its importance and how it works.
- Analyze the chemical reactions that take place when a biological catalyst combines with a reactant (substrate) to form an unstable intermediate.