- Toggle Drawer
Analyze a provided data file for a scenario and write a 2–4 page management report detailing your findings and recommendations based on the results.Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in sequence.SHOW MORE
- Toggle Drawer
Questions to Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.SHOW MORE
- Toggle Drawer
The following resource contains the data needed to complete the assessment.
To complete this assessment, use data analysis software and the Campus Crime Data Excel file, linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading. The Excel file contains two data sheets:
- The Campus Crime Data for Minnesota (2009–2011) page provides actual data generated by the U.S. Department of Education’s Campus Safety and Security Data Analysis Cutting Tool.
- The Campus Crime Data Codebook explains the labels used in the Campus Crime Data sheet.
Practical Application Scenario
As a result of recent campus safety concerns at Capella University, you have been engaged by campus security team leaders to gather and analyze data about on-campus crime rates in schools in the state of Minnesota. Crime data from 181 Minnesota campuses has been compiled in the Campus Crime Data file.Write a management report for campus security team leaders analyzing and evaluating campus crime data for Minnesota. Include your findings and recommendations for your clients. In your report, be sure to examine the following:
- Identify what crimes were most commonly committed on Minnesota campuses between 2009 and 2011. Based on the data, would you say the crime rates decreased or increased from 2009 to 2011?
- The campus security leaders believe that the total crime rate in public institutions is more than that in private institutions. They have asked you to test that hypothesis. Describe your results.
- Your clients would also like you to develop a 95 percent confidence interval for the difference in total campus crime rates between public and private institutions in Minnesota. Report your results.
- Analyze what ethical issues, if any, should concern you in conducting your research.
Compile your work and report in a 2–4 page Word document.Include whatever relevant tables and graphics you need to support your findings. Place your tables and graphics within the text and be sure to clearly title them. Your tables and graphics must be legible and suitable for inclusion in a management report.
U.S. Department of Education. (n.d.). The campus safety and security data analysis cutting tool [Data files]. Retrieved from http://ope.ed.gov/security/
Assessment 9 Example
Data Analysis and Management Scoring Guide
VIEW SCORING GUIDEUse the scoring guide to enhance your learning.
https://ace-writers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/logo-300x75.png 0 0 Monday Roberts https://ace-writers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/logo-300x75.png Monday Roberts2022-09-23 20:05:032022-09-23 20:05:03Data Analysis Management