Customer Satisfaction Improvement Plan
Most people have experienced frustration when talking with customer service at least once. Often, organizations provide satisfaction surveys to customers in order to evaluate their experience. In the health care field, accrediting agencies require providers to measure patient satisfaction through surveys. You will be using the Customer Satisfaction Improvement Plan template document to enter all of your information. Note: If you have responded substantively to each of the content items within the template of the assignment, the template document should be between three and four pages.
- Choose one of the customer experience scenario options below:
- Customer contacted a Health Plan Customer Service department but could not understand the representative.
- Customer scheduled an appointment with a primary care physician for an acute illness and there were no appointments available.
- Customer had an appointment for lab testing or a diagnostic test (MRI, CT scan, etc.) and the facility environment was disorderly and unclean.
- Customer visited the Emergency Department (ED), also known as Emergency Room, but the wait time was extensive (over three hours).
- Customer’s car repairs estimate was $200.00, however, the actual bill was $900.00 when repairs were completed.
- Customer contacted a cable company to have an installation of internet and cable for their home. Installer arrived and did not know how to do internet installations.
- Respond to the questions listed in the Customer Satisfaction Improvement Plan template document. Once you have responded to all of the questions in the template, your document should be between three and four pages.
- Describe the patient satisfaction scenario chosen. Include enough detail on what occurred to ensure the reader has a full understanding of what occurred.
- Describe a minimum of three data elements you would gather to fully assess the situation and assist you with improving the customer satisfaction scenario you chose.
- Outline the CQI methods you would utilize to develop your improvement plan. Then, explain your plan for improvement. Provide a statement from a scholarly source that supports your plan.
- Identify three stakeholders on your team and discuss how the communication method differs for each (e.g., physician, administration/management, and health care staff). Include information on the barriers that may be encountered in communicating effectively within the team and when implementing the plan.
- Analyze how cost and quality are linked based on your chosen scenario. Include information on the potential impact to the organization if the issue is not resolved.
- Describe how you will be evaluating the success or failure of the plan. Discuss the process. Provide a minimum of one statement from a scholarly source that supports your evaluation plan.
Format the scholarly sources you used to support your statements in responding to the questions above according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Include at least three scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library within the text of the template. Cite all sources according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.