Select a real-life example of an organizational environment in need
of change from your professional experience. The change does not
need to be limited to a human resource issue, though this assessment
will focus on the ways that HRM programs and best practices can support
Using the example or case study you selected, write an analysis of
the organization and reflect on how the implementation of current
trends in HRM could positively impact the success of the organization.
In your 4–5-page analysis, complete the following:
- Analyze the challenges and opportunities confronted by your
selected organization. Your analysis should include an overview of the
organizational environment, the external forces putting pressure on the
existing business model, and a description of how those pressures are
affecting the organization. When considering external forces, address
the makeup of these forces in terms of competition that the organization
- Evaluate how two current practices or trends in HRM could be
implemented in the organization to help it respond to the pressures and
changes it faces. Describe why these practices would be effective, using
trade and scholarly literature on these practices to substantiate your
claims. Consider in your evaluation how an engaged workforce could
address organizational pressures.
- Develop a list of 4–5 best practices to effectively facilitate
greater employee engagement in the specific organizational environment
you are considering and, in turn, create broader organizational change.
To do so, draw on evidence-based best practices from the field and
tailor these to the specific context of your organization. Consider in
your best practices ways to manage employee resistance.
Be sure to cite all scholarly sources.
- Written communication: Your writing should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to APA (6th ed.) style.
- Length: 4–5 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.