Submit the following sections of your Case Assessment Project:
- Section 5 – Multicultural Issues (3–4 pages). Address how you will handle the multicultural issues (a minimum of two issues) that the student experiences (such as ethnicity, race, age, health and wellness, language, socioeconomic status, family structure, developmental ability, and factors of resiliency). Discuss how these multicultural issues may be impacting the student’s achievement. Discuss your own view of how to work on these issues with the student as well as how to help him or her overcome cultural barriers. In addition, present any community resources to which you might refer this student.
- Section 6 – Ethical Dilemma (2–3 pages). Identify and describe an ethical dilemma that arises with your student. Given the complexity of the dilemma, you are to identify an individual from whom you would seek consultation. Identify the steps you will take with your consultant while working through the ethical decision-making process to resolve this dilemma. Discuss how you would start the consultation process and examine the intervention strategies that are recommended to you by the consultant. Address any areas that may have been missed in working on this case. Imagine that you are a school counselor working with another professional for consultation. Discuss how you would start the consultation process and the intervention strategies that have been suggested to you by the consultant. Select one of the following ethical dilemmas for this section:
- You have to report child abuse.
- You are subpoenaed to testify in a court case involving the father of the child you are counseling.
Your assignment must include a title page, body of the assignment with the client description and the required sections, and a reference list. Appendices are optional.
Support your sections with references. Each section should use 2 to 3 new references for a total of at least 15 references for all sections combined.
You are required to submit your final version of this paper to Turnitin to generate a final report prior to submitting the assignment for grading. From the Turnitin tool, use the Final report option for the assignment. When your paper is downloaded and viewable in Turnitin, save the originality report. Refer to the Turnitin.com Tutorial: Viewing Originality Reports (linked in the assignment Resources) for guidance.
Submit the following two documents for this assignment:
- Submit your saved Turnitin Originality Report file. The Turnitin originality report must accompany your paper or your assignment will not be graded. Your assignment will be considered late until the report is provided.
- Submit your assignment using the following file naming format: Your Name_Assignment Number_Assignment Title (example: ImaLearner_u10a1_Sections5_6).