Course: Cross Cultural Management
Week 2 Written Assignment
Reflection Paper on Race:Go to YouTube.com and view Sam Richards and Laurie Mulvey: World in Conversation – Conversations from Penn State at https://youtu.be/1udddFh-FBU.
Sam Richards and Laurie Mulvey: World in Conversation – Conversations from Penn State
The 27 minute video features an interview of Richards and Mulvey , two professors who teach a class on race relations at Penn State University. After watching the video, research the topics in the KU online library. Reflect on your learning and write a 5-6 page reflection paper. Your paper must address the following questions, but should not be limited to them.
- Do you find it difficult to talk about race? Explain and support your answer.
- The professors make the point that White people have a more difficult time talking about race than Black people. Has this been your experience? Explain.
- Do you think honest and open conversations about race change peoples’ behaviors? Explain. How do Mulvey and Richards respond to this same question? Explain.
- Discuss at least three observations made by Mulvey and Richards that point to the value of these conversations.
- What observations made by Mulvey and Richards resonate with you and why? Draw on your own career and personal experiences.
- What are managerial challenges and opportunities both implicitly and explicitly discussed in the video?
Remember this is an APA and should not be formatted as a Q and A. Bring in outside academic research at the KU online library to support all opinions.