Based on the information that you learned from articles on the crime and the victim, and information you have learned from your textbook and other professional and scholarly sources, you will be analyzing the personal and social consequences of the crime.
Using the crime, the victim, and the job role that you presented in Unit 1 Discussion 2, write a 5–7 page paper that addresses the following:
- Describe how a professional comes into contact and interacts with a specific type of victim.
- Apply theories to explain the role of the victim in the crime.
- Analyze the personal consequences of the crime on the victim and family.
- Describe possible social consequences of the crime. Your description should be based on what you have learned so far and identified as the personal consequences of a crime. You should think about how those personal consequences of a crime may impact society. You will have the opportunity to explore the social consequences of a crime in detail in the upcoming units and in the final assignment.
- Describe two or more social policies that impact the victim in the case.
For this assignment, you will be introducing the policies that you find relevant to the victim by naming and describing the policies. In your final assignment, you will go into more detail on the policy and analyze how the policy has impacted the victim.
Policies that impact victims may be found in the following areas:
- Healthcare policies.
- Social response policies, such as access to shelters or other alternative housing, community advocacy programs, and so forth.
- Educational policies.
- Public assistance policies, such as those that impact access to victims’ compensation.
- Law enforcement policies.
- Workplace or employment policies, such as those that define and allow access to employee assistance programs, or those that respond to workplace violence, and so forth.
- Written communication: Writing should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: Your paper should be 5–7 typed, double-spaced pages in addition to the title and references pages.
- References: Your paper should include a minimum of two scholarly sources, and three professional sources, such as textbooks and professional Web sites.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Turnitin: You are required to submit your paper to Turnitin prior to submitting it for grading.