Compare and contrast the works of two African American visual artists, one living, one deceased. Choose artists that speak to YOU. Seven pages minimum including images.
You will write a 6-8 page Research Term Paper on two African American Artists, one living and one deceased.
Remember not a performing artist but a visual artist.
The visual arts include two-dimensional and three-dimensional arts, for example, decorative arts, drawing, graphic design, painting, photography, printmaking, and sculpture. A visual artist is a maker of visual arts.
- Include the Images you are discussing for each artist.
- Include references
- APA style, Include all references! (can be websites). Make sure your quotes are in “quotes”.
- Minimum 7 pages.
Answer these 6 questions completely:
1. What are these artists saying through their work?
2. What do they contribute to the canon of African-American art (uniqueness) ?
3. How does their work reflect the times in which they lived?
4. Which work of each artist is your favorite? Why does it appeal to you? (include images)
5. Tell us something we may not know about each artist; the way they create, character quirks, their choice of subject matter, artistic medium, or how they see themselves in an artistic or social context.
6. What can these artists teach us?