- Choose one aspect of the Cold War you have studied—the Truman Doctrine, the Marshall Plan, the Restructuring of Japan, the Korean War, the Hungarian Revolution, or the Berlin Wall. Decide whether or not the events related to that aspect of the Cold War could be considered part of the
policy of containment. U.S.
Write a clear, well-organized essay of two paragraphs explaining how the
The first paragraph should:
- Define/describe the policy of containing communism adopted by the United States after World War II.
- Explain how the United States intended to enforce this policy.
- Describe the reasons for the policy.
- Provide some background information.
The second paragraph should:
- Paraphrase the thesis statement.
- Define or describe the aspect of the Cold War you chose.
- Provide some background information about this aspect.
- Explain why events related to this aspect of the Cold War could be considered, or not considered, part of the U.S. policy of containment.
Use your completed Containing the Spread of Communism outline as a resource for your essay.