Chapter 7 Primate Behavior Questions
You must answer in your own
words! When using the text, please be sure to not to plagiarize!!!
Restate your responses using your own words.
- 2 points. Watch Killers Like Us: Chimpanzees. (Links to an external site.)Describe
the chimpanzee process of hunting (if you use any sources other than
the video to discuss what you saw, you must cite those sources!). (You
can also use this link: http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/deadliest-killers-like-us-chimpanzee)
(Links to an external site.)
- 2 points Read This: Anthropology Matters: Harry Harlow’s Experiment. Describe Harry Harlow’s Primate Behavior Experiment. What implications does this research have for human culture?
- 4 points. (From text) Name and describe four of the six primate
residence patterns. Include the types of primates that utilize each
- 2 points. (From text) Do chimpanzees have culture? What do field
studies on chimp tool-use, diet, and hunting have to contribute to the
resolution of this issue? (Provide at least 3 examples)
Your answers need to be submitted as a word doc or docx. Google docs is NOT accepted.
- Please click here for the rubric: Module 7 Assignment Rubric
- Answer each question thoroughly for full credit for each question
- Turnitin will be used.
- Use the amount of points each question is worth to gauge how long
your response needs to be; 4 points = minimum of 4 sentences; 2 points =
minimum of 2 sentences.
- Copying directly from your text book will result in a ZERO!
- Points will be deducted for poor grammar; 1-2 points dependent of severity of infractions