Assignment 2: Teaching Plan Project
Assessment of Learning
To start the teaching plan project, you will create an 8- to 10-page paper (excluding the title page, references, and Appendices) considering a specific population and topic to be taught to the leaners on a patient safety initiative from the IOM and QSEN competencies. The project can be designed for group of patients in a hospital setting, staff education, or a group of clients in a community setting (such as Planned Parenthood, adult education).
- Topic/Title of Teaching Plan
Create a title of the teaching plan and provide a brief description of the topic and rationale for selection of the topic.
- Target Audience
- Provide a brief description of the target audience and rationale for selection of this population.
- Learner Assessment Questionnaire
- Develop a Learner Assessment Questionnaire (include in the Appendixof the paper) that includes three sections to assess your audience’s learning preferences, learning needs, and learner demographics. You will develop 10 questions for each section
- In the body of the paper, discuss the resources you used to develop this tool and how this tool will be beneficial in assessing your learners.
Goals and Objectives
Next in the teaching plan project you will need to identify the overall goal of the teaching plan and learning objectives that the learner must meet for the selected topic.
- Discuss the overall goal(s) of the teaching plan. What is it you anticipate the learners will accomplish for your targeted audience? Remember that the goal needs to be learner centered.
- Includes three learning objectives that the learner must successfully meet. The objectives must be learner centered, break down the task and focus on specific cognitive processes, have an action verb according to Bloom’s Taxonomy, and be measurable.
Please note that in addition to assigned course materials, it is an expectation that you will include additional scholarly references to support your position. Submit this assignment to the W3: Assignment 2 Dropbox by Saturday, October 29, 2016.
|Part 1 – Teaching Project Grading Criteria||
|Selected a topic and title for the teaching plan and provided description and rationale for selection of the topic.||
|Provided description and rationale for selection of target audience.||
|Included a Learner Assessment Questionnaire (Appendix) that is crafted based on the section description.||
|Discussed the questionnaire resources and potential benefits for learner assessment.||
|Included an overall learner centered goal(s) for the learning activity.||
|Included 3 learning objectives that are student centered, focus on specific cognitive processes, include an action verb according to Bloom’s Taxonomy, and are measurable.||
|Followed APA guidelines for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources||