The questions must be answered in APA format with a 100 word minimum for each using the uploaded book or other references as needed. Please cite each answer.
The reference is:
Daempfle, P. (2016). Essential biology: An applied approach. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
- Invasive species are exotic to new areas and growth rapidly.Give two reasons why an invasive species is able to take advantage of a new area.(17.1)
- Concerning population size and population density, explain one way each of the terms differ from each other in relation to their a. importance in predicting competition in a population; b. importance in predicting resource use in an area; and c. relationship with each other. (17.2)
- In figure 17.4 of chapter 17 READ section, explain the top and bottom graph which compares the age structure of less developed and higher developed countries, specifying the x and y axis.Give an example of a nation with this type of age structure diagram. What does a high fertility rate tell you about the future of this population? (17.4)
- Some ecologists argue that “there is no true form of commensalism.”Define commensalism and give an example of it in nature.Do you agree this statement? Defend your argument.(17.6)
- Explain the difference between a fundamental niche and a realized niche.(17.5)
- How does competitive exclusion result in: a. character displacement and b. extinction?Describe the pathway that a community takes to lead to each result.(17.5)
- Define aposematic coloration. Give an example of this in nature.(17.6)