As part of CapraTek’s HR team, you have been asked to research other employers and their Internet recruiting practices. This assignment has three parts:
- Evaluating an employer’s online application process.
- Evaluating online job search sites for ease of use and information.
- Developing a job description for a job posting.
Assignment Description Part 1
Identify two employers and their Web site links who offer candidates the ability to apply for positions online. If possible, use employers you have worked for previously. Look at the user-friendliness of the application process and the value of the general job information found online. Does the posted job information tell a candidate what he or she would want to know about the organizations?
Using information from your research, create a PowerPoint presentation with key bulleted points and a paragraph in the notes section on the following:
- Articulate the user-friendliness of the application process for the selected employers.
- Compare the quality of the job information for each employer from an applicant’s point of view.
Select two general job search Web sites (for example, CareerBuilder, Indeed, SimplyHired, and Monster). You may choose local or specific job sites for this assignment, but include the Web site links in your submission. Look at the ease of use and the value of the general information provided on these Web sites. Would you use this site to search for a job? Should CapraTek use these Web sites to post job positions or search for applicants?
Using information from the two job search Web sites, create additional PowerPoint slides and two paragraphs in the notes sections to include the following:
- Articulate the user-friendliness of the general job search Web sites.
- Compare the quality of the job information for each Web site from an employer’s point of view.
- Summarize findings for or against CapraTek using the selected Web sites for posting positions and searching for applicants.
Using your job analysis information for CapraTek’s regional sales representatives you gathered in Unit 4, develop an online job posting for this position. You may make location and salary assumptions, as needed.
Finish the PowerPoint presentation with slides that outline the essentials for the regional sales representative job description and use the notes section for the following:
- Develop a CapraTek job description for use in a job posting. Include the following components of your job description:
- A list of the most important duties and responsibilities, with percentage of time spent on each. Classify each duty as essential or non-essential.
- A list of the necessary qualifications, including educational background, technical experience, skills, and abilities.
- A description of the physical environment and working conditions.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional.
Your presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is thoughtful and free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length of assignment: 10–12 PowerPoint slides with notes.
- Communication: Understand the audience and communicate professionally.
ONLINE JOB APPLICATION
Date INDEED AND INTEL USERFRIENDLINESS
• Indeed is the most fastest cite within the job application process online