|Case Study||Ms. JN is a 24-year-old law student who presents to an outpatient psychiatry clinic accompanied by her husband. She feels “worried about everything!” She is “stressed out” about her academic workload and upcoming exams. She feels fatigued and has difficulty concentrating on her assignments. She also complains of frequent headaches and associated neck muscle spasms, as well as difficulty falling asleep.
The patient’s husband describes her as “a worrier. She’ll worry about me getting into an accident, losing my job, not making enough money—the list goes on and on.”
Ms. JN reports that she has always had some degree of anxiety, but previously found that it motivated her. Over the last year, her symptoms have become debilitating and beyond her control.
|Questions:||Remember to answer these questions from your textbooks and clinical guidelines to create your evidence-based treatment plan. At all times, explain your answers.
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted, and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
- You should respond to at least two of your peers by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts. Your reply posts are worth 2 points (1 point per response.)
- All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
- Please post your initial response by 11:59 PM ET Thursday, and comment on the posts of two classmates by 11:59 PM ET Sunday.
- Late work policies, expectations regarding proper citations, acceptable means of responding to peer feedback, and other expectations are at the discretion of the instructor.
- You can expect feedback from the instructor within 48 to 72 hours from the Sunday due date.
Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.
|Identification of Main Issues, Problems, and Concepts||Distinguished – 5 points
Identify and demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the issues, problems, and concepts.
|Excellent – 4 points
Identifies and demonstrate an accomplished understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.
|Fair – 2 points
Identifies and demonstrate an acceptable understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.
|Poor – 1 point
Identifies and demonstrate an unacceptable understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.
|Use of Citations, Writing Mechanics and APA Formatting Guidelines||Distinguished – 3 points
Effectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Exceptional use of citations and extended referencing. High level of APA precision and free of grammar and spelling errors.
|Excellent – 2 points
Effectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing. Moderate level of APA precision and free of grammar and spelling errors.
|Fair – 1 point
Ineffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing. APA style and writing mechanics need more precision and attention to detail.
|Poor – 0 points
Ineffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. An unacceptable use of citations and extended referencing. APA style and writing mechanics need serious attention.
|Response to Posts of Peers||Distinguished – 2 points
Student constructively responded to two other posts and either extended, expanded or provided a rebuttal to each.
|Fair – 1 point
Student constructively responded to one other post and either extended, expanded or provided a rebuttal.
|Poor – 0 points
Student provided no response to a peer’s post.