Using a website like https: (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.) youtube, or a local Television Station’s website, find a full 30 minute “local” newscast from a FCC licensed TV station (ABC,NBC,CBS). Station must have local News, Sports and Weather. It can NOT be a national newscast (ABC Nightly News, CNN, MSNBC) Many stations stream their news live.
- The names of stories presented in order,
- Identify what type of story each one is (copy, VO, VO/SOT, package, live, etc.),
- Approximate length of each story.
Using the following word document, fill in the story information from above as well as answering the included questions below.
TO SUBMIT YOUR ASSIGNMENT: AS A WORD DOCUMENT OR PDF(.DOC, .DOCX, .PDF)
Answer the following questions about the newscast(in the word document):
- What was the time of and the name of the newscast?
- Did the program open with a pre-show tease or a pre-recorded open?
- How many stories were presented?
- How many commercial breaks appeared in the newscast? What was the approximate length of each commercial break?
- How many segments, or blocks, appeared in the newscast? (Blocks usually go from commercial break to commercial break)
- Were there pre-recorded return bumpers, or “restarts”?
- How many times did weather appear in the newscast?
- Did the news anchor(s) toss live to weather and sports anchors, or were they introduced by pre-recorded opens? Did weather and sports anchors toss back to the news anchor(s)?
- Did the anchors tie any of their stories to their online site?
- Did the anchors have to fill time with chit-chat at the end, did they cut it short, did the show end on time
- Please watch the following video before startin