The firm we choose is Chemical Bank.
It’s a Group project. My part is 1.analyze the nature of the firm’s business-level strategy. Please answer these questions in the contents:
- What is Chemical Banks current business level strategy and why?
- Does Chemical Bank have any corporate level strategies that they are pursuing? If so what are they?
2. Recommendations (to the firm for the current problems)
I think two and a half pages are enough.
The files are my group partner’s parts– question 1,2,3. Might be helpful.
Here are the requirements from syllabus:
The project includes forming into groups, selecting a firm, applying strategic management tools to analyze the firm, writing an in-depth report, and presenting your findings and recommendations. Your choice of firm must be approved by the end of the fourth week of class. Only one group will be allowed to analyze a particular firm/industry. You may work with your teammates to decide a firm and industry you want to study. But keep in mind that choice of industry and firm is on a first-come, first-served basis.
The major deliverables will include an in-depth project report and an oral presentation at the end of the semester. A group contribution report should be submitted with the project report, which gives me the information about who did what and allows me to assign individual grades in a fair and equitable manner. For this reason, the report needs to be detailed and accurate. Do not make assessments as to the quality of each group member’s work (you will be asked to do so when completing the peer evaluation form), but simply and honestly state who did what.
The final report should be no more than 10 pages but no less than five (5) pages in length (excluding references and appendix), US letter size paper, single-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, with one inch margins all around. Do not include any cover page or table of contents in the report. The report should have the following areas:
1. The firm’s history, development, and growth over time
2. The identification of the firm’s internal strengths and weaknesses
3. The nature of the external environment surrounding the firm
4. The nature of the firm’s business-level strategy
5. The kind of corporate-level strategy that the firm is pursuing, if any
6. The firm’s structure and control systems and how they match its strategy
7. Recommendations (to the firm for the current problems)