1. Answer those questions like a criminal justice professional
What inspired you to pursue a career in criminal justice, and how did you get started in this field?
- How do you stay current on current issues and trends in criminal justice, and what resources do you rely on for information?
- How do you balance the need for public safety with the need to protect individual rights and liberties?
- Can you walk me through your department’s policies and procedures for conducting investigations and collecting evidence?
- How do you handle situations where there is conflicting evidence or testimony, and what steps do you take to ensure a fair and just outcome?
- How do you collaborate with other agencies, such as law enforcement or social services, to address community needs and reduce crime?
- What steps do you take to promote diversity and inclusivity within your department, and how do you ensure that all members of the community are treated fairly and with respect?
- How do you handle cases that involve vulnerable or marginalized populations, such as juveniles, the elderly, or individuals with mental health or substance abuse issues?
2. Submit a 1000-word paper (double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font) which summarizes the interview findings from at least six (6; of the eight) questions.